Went for the NTUCCC weekend training from fri nite to sat evening.
I'm really thankful for the opportunity to play the guitar for worship. Was rather nervous tho, and kept reminding myself that I just need to focus on God. Prayed against the spirit of pride as well. Clara led the worship, and through this, managed to get to noe her a bit better. Did some sharing with her and turned out that I could help her by sharing my own past experience with her and offering some suggestions.
After P&W, Jix said some things to open up the training, and we went straight into the first session on counselling. There were 2 packages going on, 1 was the M1, the other was Counselling In Discipleship. What I realise is that I have to work on being more compassionate towards my cell members, and to pray for them more. I find the process of building relationships with my cell members difficult. But I realise that tho' it requires time, it's very crucial in allowing future counselling possibilities to occur. I'm going to spend more time just getting to know them first.
The next 3 sessions was on Saturday. I learnt that it is necessary to be point out the person's strengths and to encourage the person using that as well. Instead of pointing out the weaknesses and working on them directly, build on the strengths. Of cos later on the weaknesses may have to be addressed, I feel. Then after all the sessions, Tony let us watch a movie called Antwone Fisher, which was about how a counselor helped Fisher. I don't know how to really describe, but I was touched by how much the counselor helped him and was willing to help. It really left something for me to think about
Sunday, January 30, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment