Monday, October 24, 2005

the part about sunday

Hm when I went to church on Sunday, I was thinking what I should do with the Sunday afternoon, whether I should go home and start working on my studying and optional assignment. (Yah there is actually an optional assignment that I need not do.) Well I had some ideas about walking around PS or J8 to do some shopping, but how much joy can I derive from it when I have so many things to do? Hahhaa... Well it turned out that some other stuff filled up my afternoon instead. And I'm happy about it.

During the 9am service, Pastor continued the sermon series on Perplexing Questions. The topic yesterday was "Why Did God Create Hell?". Something that hit me was that God created hell for the Devil and the fallen angels. Matthew 25:41 It was not meant for us. So why should we want to go there? I'm sure all of us do not want to go there. Lord, I do not want to go there. I want to be with you in heaven!

Well after service I stayed at the lobby to mingle with some of Angeline's cell members, also my ex-cell members, while waiting for Speedlight Youth Service to start. Suddenly 2 ladies from the Videolight department approached me and asked me if I would like to find out more about the ministry. I was wondering if they were specifically talking to me and not the 2 kids beside me. Then I accertained that it was me they were talking to. I told them that I have been interested in the ministry, however I was still considering and needed more time, so I didn't leave my contact with them. I told them that I would tell my friend who was in the ministry when the time comes. This incident reminded me about how much I've been wanting to join the technical ministry, since primary school ava club, jc ava club and now church. But I've never joined anything like that yet still. I have yet to ask God how I should serve Him in church, and I've yet to get an answer. I do still want to be a part of the youth ministry, but is there anyway that I can do both? Wenbin is doing it now, and very well in fact. So during lunch I told him about the incident. And he was like, hey if you want I can give my leader your name. I was like...woah...not yet. Yea so this is something I'm still pondering over.

During Speedlight, there were 2 testimonies on Joy. I was reminded about how God has been blessing me each time, with my results even as I was busy with the areas I'm serving Him in. He provided me with a paid for university education, gave me godly friends when I asked for friends and lots more. I've been trying to complete my assignments on my own, complete studying for quizzes on my own. What on earth was I trying to do!???!!!! Well now I've decided to turn around and ask God to take control of my life again. Trusting Him is a lot better than trying to handle everything on my own. I don't need to worry so much, and the work gets done faster and better too.

After Speedlight, I joined Angeline and her cell group for lunch. I went with the group to Macs first while Angeline came later. JunMin joined us, followed later by WenBin. Have not joined any of them for lunch in a long time! After Angeline and her cell group left, J , W and I were joined by WeiPing and Pacer. Talked about various current issues. Realised the role God has placed me in as a teacher. Hmm something to reflect on. Subsequently J, W and I visited JunMin's old cell group that he's currently not leading. I think we kinda gave them a surprise, esp me. Hahaa... Later JunBin sent us home. Enjoyed catching up with Jolean on the way home in the car.

Yes so that's how my afternoon was spent. And I thank God for that!

No comments: