Taken from a book my friend eceived as a gift from his friend, 'I Like You' by Sandol Stoddard Warburg
I like you
I know why I like you because you are a good person to like
I like you because when i tell you something special, you know its special and you remember it a long long time
You say 'Remember when you told me something special' And both of us remember...
When I think something is important, you think its important too
When i say something funny, you laugh. I think I'm funny and you think I'm funny too... Ha ha.
I like you because you know where I'm ticklish and you dont tickle me there except just a little tiny bit sometimes But if you do then i know where to tickle you too!
You know how to be silly. That's why I like you... Boy are you ever silly! I never met anybody sillier than me till I met you. I like you because you know when its time to stop being silly
If I pretend I'm drowning, you pretend you're saving me... If I'm ready to pop a paper bag, then you are getting ready to jump!
If you go away then i go away too, or if i stay home you send me a postcard... you dont just say 'Well see you around sometime...bye' I like you alot because of that. If I go away I send you a postcard too.
And I like you because when I'm feeling sad you dont always cheer me up right away, sometimes its better to be sad You cant stand the others being so googly and gaggly every single minute. You want to think about things. It takes time.
I like you because if I'm mad at you, then you are mad at me too. Its awful when the other person isnt. They are so nice and hoo-hoo you could just about punch them in the nose.
I like you because if I think I'm going to throw up then you are really sorry. You dont just pretend you are busy looking at the birdies and all that. You say 'Maybe it was something you ate' You say 'the same thing happened to me one time'. And the same thing did.
If I break my arm and if you break your arm too, then its fun to have a broken arm I tell you about mine, you tell me about yours, we're both sorry. We write our names and draw pictures. We show everybody and they wish they had a broken arm too!
I like you because I dont know why but everything that happens is nicer with you. I cant remember when i didnt like you. I guess I dont know why I like you really Why do I like you I guess I just like you I guess I just like you.
No comments:
Post a Comment