Monday, January 01, 2007

2007 A New Year

Dear Lord,

Before 2006 ended, You told me to give something up. At that point I decided to obey You. I felt the pain even as I realised what it meant. But as I chose to obey You, peace settled in my heart. I know that it was You. Like how Abraham chose to obey You to sacrifice Isaac, I chose to obey You. Even tho' I know I may not get it back again. 'Cos if I don't, then I know that You have something better.

In this short span of 1.5 months, You have been working so much in my life, in my heart. I've learnt a lot and new perspectives have been set. Today You've shown me how much I have changed as even Amanda said that there was a big difference in the things I said today.

The most significant thing I've learnt these weeks is about finding my purpose in life. When I know what God's plan for me is, I will have a better understanding of what direction to take and why God chooses to close certain doors.

Today when You led me to share about how understanding that You have a plan and purpose for us would put things into perspective, I realised that even bgr issues would be easier to handle. Esp with the example that if someone is to be a Pastor in the future, then his wife-to-be would have to be someone who would complement him well as he serves. Since everyone has a different calling, then if we can see that You have a purpose for us, then we would not want to give up being able to fulfill that purpose. When 2 have a different calling, they should not be together as Your purposes and plans for them are in different areas. And in those different areas, the right companions would be given, so that they would be able to serve together.

Lord, continue to keep me on track with You. Continue to teach me.

Lord this song is for you "OCEANS WILL PART"...

...in my life Your will be done...


Zvive

No comments: