Friday, December 02, 2005

back from leader's retreat

Was at the NTUCCC leaders' retreat from 28th nov to 2 dec.
i realli thank God for speaking to me the past few days. i still have stuff to think about...

i went for the retreat not knowing if i should go or not, not knowing if i should continue to serve as an SM. but these days have reminded me of why i chose to trust God in this area in the first place. i still need to seek God on what to do next, and i thank Him for starting me off.

the one thing i feel most blessed about is God blessing me with 2 disciples who are so on fire for God...June and Jae, who also went for the retreat as they are serving as GLs. I really enjoy witnessing how God is working in June's life as she stayed throughout the retreat and got to know many crusaders. seeing her step out of her comfort zone really touches me a lot. i thank God for allowing me to even be associated with His process in her life. I pray that God will continue to mould her to be what He wants her to be. Jae only managed to come on the final night, but it really touched me cos i saw that truely she was someone who wants to make an impact on others' lives as a GL. My other disciples, Shufen, Czarina and Jessica really encourage me as well. I used to think that the SM was supposed to be the only one to encourage and challenge and possibly be the 'know-it-all'. hhaahaa but of cos it is not! I am really encouraged and challenged by all 5 of them. I thank God for them very much!

In the retreat, the gals were divided into 2 rooms, 3-4 and 3-6 respectively. Charis, Lee Choon, Rena, Xin Ying, Wai Yin, Kexin and I were apartment-mates. Really it is like a whole flat with kitchen, livingroom and 2 bedrooms. I am thankful for them who were just so lovely to stay with, just hanging out in the living room and all. just felt so comfortable. we found a way to make the living room more cozy, by dragging a mattress out into the living room! OOOooooh and as it was $0.20 per unit of electricity used, we decided to save electricity! hahah it was truely hilarious as we switched off the refrigerator and watch tv with the light from the corridor. we slept only with the fan on (without air-con). charis din like the fan so my room consisting of Charis, Lee Choon and I, (WaiYin went home) slept without both fan and air-con. We even considered all sleeping together in 1 room so that we only need to switch on 1 fan! Hahah...we are really a hilarious bunch! As a result of our efforts, we won hands-down with only $1.20 worth of electricity bill! There was certainly no contest. Hhahaaa. Our unit was also notorious for being the last to arrive at every session cos we stay only 2 floors above the meeting place. But glad to say, we gradually improved till we became the earliest! hhaha oh and on the last day, this morning, only Xin Ying and I were left from 3-4 cos the rest had to go home. So it was a whole apartment to ourselves! I really enjoyed staying with you gals! Thank you!

On the way back, the 4 Serangoonites, Wei Yee, Shaohong (aka reverse jinx), Sheng Zhi and I stopped at a coffee shop for brunch. It was a cool time getting to know the bunch! We have to organiser a North Easterners get-together one day! heh yah i know this has been on the drawing board for a long time...ar well...

I think by now you can tell that i'm not gonna share anything i've learnt during the retreat in this blog. still got to process the stuff...yea it was a lot of stuff.

Thank You Lord for these couple of days...truely blessed!

No comments: