Somehow thinking that I want to blog doesn't really translate into actually words appearing on a blog.
Been really tired lately, always cracking my head over lesson plans. This is my second week of actually teaching. My cooperating teacher (CT) is still in the room helping me just by being around. He does give good advice especially in the aspect of classroom management which I'm still working on. However I can't possibly do it alone. Every day, esp recently, I've been praying and asking God to give me wisdom and strength to go through the day, to watch over my students and keep them attentive, and not rowdy.
These past 4 weeks on being in MJS has really been full of ups and downs. Downs mainly, but the ups are memorable. It really has got me evaluating and questioning why I chose to be a teacher. Sometimes I really forget and I regret choosing this profession. However God has been faithful, encouraging me using even a television programme "Touched By An Angel", to remind me that as a teacher, I will have an impact on lives, and how much do I want to do for these young lives? In the show, a history lecturer quit his job because he thought that the teens come in and out of the school, always the same kind. The front people trying to get the good grades and sucking up, the people at the back stoning away. No impact made. Then his students, all grown up shared with him the impact he made on their lives, just by being him, the words he said and the lessons he taught. I was just so touched by that, and I knew God was reminding me the virtues of being a teacher.
Of all my relief classes, there's one most particularly interesting and God definitely played the major role. I went into a Pri 6 class yesterday for 2 periods. Huili and Serinder said that it was a very naughty class, and it was the class that my friend went in for less than 15 min and another teacher came in to take over from her as they were so naughty. When I heard that, I was like...oh no... but I remembered my parents saying that I should not be defeated even without going in to fight. So I prayed all the way from the Staff Lounge to the assembly area after recess. I was firm and insisted on silence and lining up in 2 straight lines all the way from the assembly area, up to their classroom. I brought some WS with me as it is a tried and tested tool to occupy students with (Suggested by Huili). And so they got into the class, and I acted as pissed about noise as possible. Amazingly (Praise God!), they listened and did their work. The best part was that when I went in for the 2nd period after the 1 period gap, they actually went "hahhh.....???!!!" I was thinking that, hey issit because they can't walk around and play with me in the classroom? Towards the end of that period, a group was getting rowdy, singing and all, tho still manageable. But I thank God that I could leave by then. Hahaha.....
Anyway tomorrow is the last teaching day for this term. Sports Day on Friday. Wooohhooo! No writing of lesson plans!!! Ahh...but I need to work on my CED assignment and Mission Newsletter.
Oh yes...ever strongly desired to be oblivious to the obvious?
Wednesday, March 09, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment