Enjoyed most of my week.
Tues to Thurs was the Usher Retreat. Things turned out more or less ok...except that I know that something was holding me back from taking control of any situation. Good and bad. The good thing is that it probably prevented me from losing my temper. Bad thing is that I decided to slack.
I believe that the ushers were touched during the retreat. Pacer talked about staying in the race. That our Christian life is a marathon race...I could relate to the analogies...I remember things better like that. The sermon touched on staying away from temptations amongst others. A sermon that requires you to be self-reflective and honest with yourself. Stuff to think about...
On Wed I travelled from Changi to Buona Vista. A trip most worth it. Had Meta Worship prac from 11am to 6.15pm, including lunch. I enjoyed it a lot...could feel God's presence there...Enjoyed working together with the band, as part percussionist, part vocalist. Shaohong (drummer for 2 sessions) got me to play the tambourine and egg (shaker)...I enjoy playing them! And Jia Jun and Clara, the other 2 vocalists sang the parts while I sang the melody. Wow they can really sing. It's great to hear how the harmonisation goes. Jix (worship leader/bass), Zhi Xin (Keyboard) and Derek (guitar) played really well too! I was so amazed by how well they all worked together!
Tml (Sat), we have to practice for a session which is lead by Shaohong. Looking forward to it! Hope to learn more from them!
When I got back from prac, I was so tired and really like groggy. Usually when I'm liddat, with onli 2hrs of sleep previously, I would be rather antisocial to pple whom I find drains my energy, and zombie-ish. Yes and so I was lidat. We managed to sleep by 1+ tho. Unlike the 5+am the previous nite.
Well the sun rose on the wrong side...so no sunset. =(
Today Rachel (Crusade) and I prepared the deco for Meta Carnival. I have to buy some stuff from Arab street tml. Hope to find some great stuff there!
Hm...I find that this hols really requires me to be organised, and less unsure of myself. Jus dare to do. It's strange how pple believe in me so much...and I really find their comments really encouraging even tho they've not seen me so anything like that b4. But...yes I know...this is how I need to be pushed. So yeah...I feel like I've accomplished something so far...to step out of my comfort zone...
Friday, December 03, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment